There is something simplistic about a conveyor system; a child can understand the concept of mechanical equipment that moves material from one location to another. However, the design of an effective conveyor system is anything but simplistic and not properly collecting the details up front can lead to costly mistakes.
We’d like to introduce you to 6 major steps in the building of your new conveyor system. In general terms, the major questions to be answered before designing your system are:
- What is the product to be handled? What are the product/carton sizes and weights?
- What are the warehouse environmental conditions? Is it a freezer/cooler? Is the environment moist or dry?
- What is your current maintenance staff capabilities?
- What is the current rate of cases? What are your expectations for future rate of cases?
- What is current labor vs. future labor estimates with automation?
- What are your expectations for ROI?
Elite designed conveyor systems manage pallets, trolleys, cartons, parcels, totes, trays, bins, and a host of other package types and materials. Ideal for manufacturing or distribution operations, these rugged systems are easy to maintain and provide long-term performance at peak capacity. Our modular platform simplifies global operations, making growth simple when it’s time to expand.
Benefits of Elite Conveyor Systems
- Allows accumulation without line pressure to limit product damage
- Reduces handling costs for repetitive tasks
- Merges and diverts for balanced workload
- Efficiently transports products between processes
- Integrates with material flow controls to support the latest technology